Sunday, March 17, 2013

T.G.I. Friday's



I have been comparing my least favorite restaurant, Burgoo, with T.G.I. Friday's for some time now, so I thought I'd make a review of Friday's as well just to be fair and transparent. I've dined in T.G.I. Friday's MOA a couple of times already and in both occasions, I loved their pork chops, so I wanted to try them out again just to confirm whether they're really better than Burgoo's.


T.G.I. Friday's is a really popular food establishment, so I and my food buddy decided to go here at lunchtime on a weekday, so the place wouldn't be so packed.


However, while the place was so private then, I just didn't like the fact that it was so dark inside when we stepped in.


They only had a few lights on, so I requested that we be seated near the window. That was a mistake, I realized, as the waiter sat us in the smoking area where a couple of dine-in  customers were smoking. What a way to ruin my appetite!

Lemonade (P 105.00)

Strawberry Surprise (P 165.00)
      
Anyway, we ordered some drinks first, and they were okay. They're cool and refreshing, but I just thought that they're a bit overpriced. Next time, I'd probably just have a glass of water.


Friday's Ballpark Nachos (P 375.00)

Up next is the Ballpark Nachos. The "small" size had a pretty sufficient portion. I loved how crispy the nachos were. The salsa was also pretty good. It was, overall, a good value. Unfortunately, because I took some time taking photos of this dish, it got a bit cold and the nachos became quite soggy after a while. Lesson learned: eat the nachos right away and keep the camera in the bag!

Pacific Grilled Pork Chop (P 395)

Friday's Pacific Grilled Pork Chop is my favorite food stuff in T.G.I. Friday's as it's consistently tender and flavorful each time. I also love the corn on the cob and pineapple wedge that come with it so, generally, this one's a must-order whenever I dine in this restaurant. However, the pork chops this time were a bit chewy. The fat layer's still very nice and sinful, but the meat wasn't as tender as I expected. Maybe I was expecting too much from it, but I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed.

Bacon Cheeseburger (P 415.00)

The cheeseburger, on the other hand, was pretty good. My friend ordered this one, but I had to taste a portion of it as I was dissatisfied with my chops.I loved how the patty's thick, juicy, and tasty. I also had a couple of fries here and there, and they're hot and delicious. My only comment about this dish is that the bacon strips were not that crisp. It's not really the best burger I have tasted, but it's very satisfactory. 

We didn't have dessert anymore as we had to jump to Starbucks for some coffee after, plus I thought that the experience was not really that satisfactory. I would still put T.G.I. Friday's on top of Burgoo because of its excellent track record, but I guess they need to be consistent with their food. Otherwise, they might end up losing some loyal customers.



FINAL SCORES
Ambiance - 4/5
Food - 3/5
Service - 4/5
Value - 3/5
TOTAL - 3.5/5

T.G.I. Friday's (TGIF)
(02) 556-4456
SM Mall of Asia, North Wing Entertainment Mall
Seaside Drive, Manila Bay Reclamation Area, Pasay



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India